Opportunities to connect, learn and lead
Thursday, August 24, 2017
Dear Alliance Members,
A strong, responsive social sector is critical to ensuring that communities across our country are more able to ensure inclusive, equitable, and thriving lives for all. As those of us who have chosen supporting and strengthening the social sector for our professional careers, the Alliance is committed to acting as the backbone organization to our field -- to convene and connect with our colleagues, to hone our own skills, and to be at the intersection of research and practice. There is not a better time to become more engaged and bring your experience, insights, and energy to our community.
Here's how you can get involved:
- Plug in to our New Online Community! Our new website provides a central location for members to connect with each other in a range of forums, including our Affinity Groups and an online member directory. Please login, develop your profile, and join the conversation!
- Register for Our Annual Conference: Preparations are in full swing for our national convening this November, held in partnership with ARNOVA. Our amazing conference committee has curated over 20 sessions and forum, and have a full-day opportunity for our Affinity Group leaders to plan and provide learning opportunities for attendees. Early Bird Registration ($100 savings) is available until next Thursday, August 31st!
- Explore Leadership Opportunities: Join me for an introduction to leadership opportunities - including Board service and upcoming elections, Affinity Group and Interest Group leadership opportunities, and more! Register for an online discussion to learn more -- Friday, September 8th at 9AM PST/12PM EST.
- Connect with us at BoardSource: In addition to curated workshops at the 2017 BoardSource Leadership Forum, we are also hosting a 1-day training on being an Interim Executive Director. In addition, please join us for an Alliance-member event on Thursday evening. Interested? Share contact info with us and we will keep you in the loop on where to find us!
- Invite a Colleague to Connect: Do you have a colleague who is a capacity builder or interested in the field? Share our updates with your colleagues locally and encourage them to bring their perspectives to our shared work.
I look forward to meeting and connecting with you this fall. If you have suggestions in the meantime, do not hesitate to reach out directly to me or our Interim Executive Director, Marissa Q. Paine.